Building & Construction Information
- Step 1 Construction Certificate
- Step 2 Appoint a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA), Council or Private Certifier
- Step 3 Notice of Commencement
- Step 4 Critical Stage Inspections (As nominated by the PCA)
- Step 5 Occupation or Interim Occupation Certificates
Once you have received your Development Consent you need to obtain a Construction Certificate. A Construction Certificate (CC) must be obtained before commencing any construction or building works. A Construction Certificate is an approval that:
- Ensures the detailed construction plans and specifications comply with the requirements of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and any relevant Australian Standard.
- Certifies that the detailed construction plans and specifications are not inconsistent with the Development Consent and comply with conditions that have been imposed.
- Certifies that all required contributions and fees have been paid.
- You can monitor the progress through our application tracking
Updated: 14 Aug 2012