- Neighbourhood Noise Brochure
- Permissible hours for certain equipment
- Night time music and party noise
- Noise from commercial premises
- Barking dogs
Reporting Noise Pollution
Firstly it is recommended that you try and resolve the noise issue yourself by talking it over with the person causing the noise.
Often people don't realise they are causing a problem, they may be only too happy to do what they can to help.
If this approach is not successful and where noise is a recurrent problem, you may, depending on the circumstances, consider contacting a Community Justice Centre
If you are unable to resolve the matter by using the above methods, more formal action may be taken by contacting Council and providing the following information.
- Time, date and duration of the noise
- Details of the type and sound of the noise
- Details of the likely noise source
- Your contact details