Older people in Pittwater make valuable contributions to the community including volunteering, paid work, grand parenting and education. Council's Community Development Team works with older people, local services and community groups to ensure that information and service provision in the area is accessible and appropriate for community members.
This area has been developed to provide information about services and activities available to older people living in the Pittwater area. We have provided brochures that can be downloaded and also helpful links for you to gain access to appropriate support if needed. You can also obtain copies of most of the brochures from Councils Customer Service Centres at Mona Vale or Avalon and the Community Centres at Newport and Warriewood.
For additional information please call 9970 1181 or email email@example.com.
Work with older people in the community is supported by financial assistance from the NSW Government.
Manly, Warringah, Pittwater Services, Activities and Housing Directory for Seniors 2012/2013
The Manly, Warringah, Pittwater Services, Activities and Housing Directory for Seniors 2012/2013 is a joint initiative by Manly, Warringah and Pittwater Councils. The guide provides information on services, leisure groups, facilities and accommodation options for people over the age of 65 living on the Northern Beaches.
Copies of the directories can also be found at Council's Customer Service; Libraries and Community Centres.
The Northern Beaches Social Inclusion Working Party
The Manly Warringah Pittwater Social Inclusion Working Party is a group of local service providers working towards implementing practical strategies to prevent and address social isolation. Below are links to some of the key initiatives and research undertaken by the group -
- Connecting You Flyer - Provides a checklist to services, family, friends and older people which may highlight that a person is socially isolated. The flyer also provides information about key contact points that can provide information about support services and recreational/leisure activities which may reduce this isolation.
- Neighbour Flyer – Suggests some helpful tips on ways to connect with older people in our community, for example bringing in the paper, watering plants or helping out with pets. The flyer also provides information about key contact points for any member of the community to call if they are concerned that an elderly neighbour could be lonely or isolated.
- "Time on your Hands" – This catalogue is targeted specifically at Men and provides a list of things to do for men over 65 on the Northern Beaches.
- Promotional Opportunities for Seniors Groups – Information on promotional contacts and opportunities for seniors groups.
- Grant Opportunities for Seniors Groups – Information on funding opportunities for seniors groups.
- Transport and Social Support Services for Seniors Groups – Information on transport and company options for people wanting to attend seniors group activities.
- Research Project Report 2011 and Appendices - Social Inclusuion Initiatives and how they impact on the HACC target group in Manly, Warringah and Pittwater.