Local Government Managers Association - NSW Excellence in Management
Pittwater won two high commendations in the NSW Excellence in Management Awards hosted by the Local Government Managers Association.
One commendation was for the Council's pioneering work in sustainability, in particular the creation of a revolving energy fund to minimise fossil fuel use and the installation of energy-efficient devices in public buildings across Pittwater.
The other was for the development of Pittwater’s social and economic plans adopted by the Council earlier in 2012. The social and economic development plans will be used by the Council to help better plan community service delivery in the future and assess its ongoing support for local businesses.
- Winner - CEC wins Business Award for Outstanding Education Service - 2011
Local Government and Shires Association of NSW - RH Dougherty Award, Excellence in Communication
The ‘Excellence in Communication’ award was presented to the Council by Cr Genia McCaffery, President of the Local Government Association and The Hon Barbara Perry, Minster for Local Government at an awards evening in Sydney on 4 August.
The campaign coordinated with other members of the SHOROC Councils (Manly, Warringah and Mosman) saw a ban from 1 January 2010 on the kerbside collection of e-waste due to concerns about its effect on the environment when placed in landfill.
The RH Dougherty Award recognises Pittwater Council for its work in coordinating the campaign on behalf of the SHOROC councils.
CCIA - Caravan and Camping Industry Award for Excellence in a 4.5-5 star Holiday Park/Resort - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Water Monitoring Award - Coastal Environment Centre
- Pittwater Council's Coastal Environment Centre (CEC) received a major environmental award from Sydney Water at the Narrabeen Lagoon Community Festival on Sunday 26 October.
- The CEC was recognised for their over ten year commitment to Sydney Water's water quality program 'Streamwatch.'
- Coastal Environment Centre Receives Water Monitoring Award
1st Place in the Urban Development Institute of Australia awards for "Public Sector Leadership for Urban Development"
- Pittwater Council has won a statewide Excellence Award for its land release in Warriewood Valley.
- The Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) awarded the Council first place in its 'Public Sector Leadership for Urban Development' category. The awards were presented by the UDIA at a gala dinner held in Sydney late July.
- Warriewood Land Release Wins Prestigious Planning Award
Department of Lands - Winner Environmental Excellence Award - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
- Pittwater Council's Lakeside Holiday Park in North Narrabeen is the first Council-owned caravan park in NSW to be recognised for environmental excellence.
- The park received the prestigious Department of Lands Enviornmental Excellence Award in addition to achieving a Gold Gumnut award at the NSW Caravan and Camping Industry Assoication 2008 awards.
- North Narrabeen Holiday Park Wins Enviornmental Award
- Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Winner BIG4 Award of Excellence 2008 - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Gold Gumnut Award for Environmental Management - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
CCIA Finalist Excellence Best Tourist Park Accommodation - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
CCIA - Caravan and Camping Industry Association - Commendation Best Holiday Park Resort in a 4.5-5 star Holiday Park/Resort - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
HMAA (Hotel Motel Association Award) Winner Accommodation Industry Awards for Excellence in Sydney - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Silver Gumnut Award for Environmental Management - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
- Awarded by the NSW Caravan & Camping Industry Association for substantial achievements in environmental sustainability and socially responsible management.
- Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park
Parks and Leisure Australia - Certificate of Recognition - Planning Award for NSW Region for "Open Space and Cycleway Section 94 strategy - Warriewood Valley Land Release"
Award in Excellence in Planning, Urban Planning Achievement
- Awarded by the Planning Institute of Australia for Council's On-Line Development Enquiry and Assessment Program (MasterPlan, Enquirer and Assessor)
- Development Application Tools
Metro Pride Landcom Sustainable Communities Award (Third Place)
- Presented to the Scotland Island Residents Association (SIRA), supported by Pittwater Council, for their project, "Keeping the Soil on the Island: Co-Operative Catchment Management for Sediment Erosion Control on Scotland Island".
- This award recognises the long-term committment of the Scotland Island community to its unique environment, as well as a shared commitment with Pittwater Council to co-operative catchment management for sediment erosion control on the island.
National Awards for Local Government Commendation - in the Information Technology Category
- Awarded by the Department of Transport and Regional Services for Council's On-Line Development Enquiry and Assessment Program (DEAP)
- Development Application Tools
Local Government Cultural Award - Cultural Programs and Projects
- Awarded by the Local Government & Shires Association NSW jointly to Pittwater and Manly Councils for their co-ordination of the 24/7 Youth Film Festival in 2003 and 2004.
- The 24/7 Youth Film Festival is unique event held annually and includes free film making workshops, a 24 hour film competition for young people aged 12 to 24 and a public screening for the community to highlight the creative talents of our youth.
HMAA (Hotel Motel Association Award) Finalist in Accommodation Industry Awards for Excellence in Sydney - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Sustainable Water Challenge - Planning & Policy Category
- Awarded by Water Sensitive Design in the Sydney Region for the Warriewood Valley Urban Land Release for planning of sustainable water management.
CCIA - Caravan and Camping Industry Association - Award for Excellence Best Tourist Park Accommodation - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
Bronze Gumnut Award for Environmental Management - Gumnuts High Achiever Award - Sydney Lakeside Narrabeen Holiday Park
LGSA - R H Dougherty Award - Reporting to Your Community
- Awarded by the Local Government and Shires Association for the category: 30,000 to 100,000 residents
Parks and Leisure Australia - Certificate of Recognition - Open Space Management: Urban Planning - Winnererremy Bay Foreshore Parkland and Playground
The A.R Bluett Memorial Award - Local Government Association
- Recognising Local Government excellence in the delivery of quality of life to the community
- Every year the AR Bluett Memorial Award recognises two councils that have achieved the greatest relative progress in the State. It has been operational since 1945 and is recognised as the greatest accolade a council can achieve.
- The AR Bluett Memorial Award was established in 1944 by the local government councils of New South Wales as a memorial to Albert Robert Bluett who died in April of that year.
- Bluett had been an outstanding figure in local government and, prior to his death, he had been the Secretary and Solicitor to the Local Government and Shires Associations of New South Wales for some 30 years. He was an acknowledged authority on local government law and, as such, his opinion was sought and respected by the legal profession and ministers of the crown on many aspects of community government. He was intimately involved with the writing of the Local Government Act of 1919. In 1993 a new Act came into effect, an Act that seeks to continue to preserve the principles espoused by A.R. Bluett.
- Following Bluett's death in April 1944 the councils of New South Wales decided to subscribe to a fund as a permanent memorial to his work. The funds raised were invested and the income used to acquire bronze plaques, suitably inscribed, for presentation each year to the councils that were considered to have made the GREATEST RELATIVE PROGRESS during the previous year. One award is made to a council with membership of the Local Government Association, and one to a council with membership of the Shires Association.
- There are three Trustees/Judges: a representative of the Local Government Association, a representative of the Shires Association and a representative of Local Government Managers Australia (NSW Division).
- The AR Bluett Memorial Award is recognised as the greatest accolade a council can achieve and the plaque is a source of pride not only to the members of the council and its officers, but also to the people of the area.
Updated: 03 Sep 201268386