Council considers that our employees are our most important asset and aims to provide a work environment, which is both stimulating and provides opportunities for personal development.
Council advertises employment opportunities through the Internet and in local and metropolitan newspapers.
How to apply
- Applications are to be submitted in writing, along with a covering letter, a response addressing the essential and desirable criteria, a complete resume and the names of two work related referees. You must ensure that your application reaches Council by the closing date on the advertisement.
- Original certificates or references should not be submitted, please send copies only. Originals will need to be sighted at an interview.
- Please ensure that you submit a clear and concise application, giving relevant examples, which will support your ability to meet the essential and desirable criteria.
- Your application should be received no later than 5.00pm on the closing date published in the advertisement
- Please Note: If you are submitting your application using Council's web page, you must attach your covering letter, a complete resume and your response to the essential and desirable criteria.
Pittwater Council will accept your application in any one of the following formats:
- Post to Attn: Corporate Development, PO Box 882, MONA VALE, NSW 1660
- Electronically by utilising our Employment Application Form
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to (02) 9970 1288.
Interview & Selection Process
- Applications will be assessed on merit and are determined by the information provided in your covering letter and resume.
- Should you be selected to attend an interview, you will be notified by telephone and will receive at least two days notice of the interview time.
- Interviews are conducted by a panel, which is usually made up of the manager/supervisor of the business unit, another representative from the business unit and a representative from Corporate Development.
- Following the interviews, the Selection Panel will put forward preferred applicants, based on the written application, interview and verbal reference checks.
- If the position is field related, preferred applicants will be asked to attend a pre employment medical at Council cost. Other positions will require applicants to sign a Health Statutory Declaration Form.
- After the preferred applicant has accepted our offer of employment shortlisted applicants who were unsuccessful will be notified in writing.
- Please note that due to the large number of applications received by Council, we are unable to give feedback on applications.
- Please note - only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.