New Resident Information
Listed below are some quick links to information and services provided by Pittwater Council for new and existing residents.
General Council Information
Reserves & Recreation
- Find a park - This is an innovative way to find an open space area in Pittwater by using the select boxes to choose the features you want
- Boating facilities - There are many boating facilities in Pittwater. These include wharves for recreational, commuter and commercial purposes, boat storage for dinghies, large boats and boat tie-up at wharves, moorings and ramps
- Waste & Recycling - Information about your collection days, waste and recycling
- Domestic Animal Management - Information about responsible ownership of domestic pets, live stock & poultry
- Dog Exercise Areas - Pittwater Council has several dog exercise areas where you may let your dog off the leash
- Parking in Pittwater - Information about obtaining parking permits for the Pittwater area, pay & display areas and car parking areas.
- Cycling in Warriewood and Narrabeen - Information for bicycle riders and map of shared paths in the Warriewood and Narrabeen area.
- Late Night Transport Information - Information on late night transport from Manly and the City.
Building & Development
- Development Application Guide - The DA process from beginning to end
- Application Tracking - Track the progress and view associated documents of DA's and CC's from beginning to end
- Children's Services - Family Day Care, Long Day Care, Occasional Care, After School Care, Vacation Care
- Community Directory - Use this A-Z listing to locate services, sports and hobbies
- Community Profile - Facts and figures about the Pittwater Area including results from the 2001, 1996 and 1991 Censuses of Population and Housing
- Information for older people - Information about services and activities available to older people living in the Pittwater area.
- Hire a community centre - There are nine centres available for hire. Includes room size, capacity and room features as well as booking application forms
- Library Services - Links to Avalon and Mona Vale Community Library Websites
- Walking Track Information - Pittwater Area walking track information
- Volunteering - Get involved in your local area or in your home. A variety of opportunities exist for people who love the great outdoors, want to lear more about bush regeneration, local wildlife, habitat protection, and our coastal environments
- Coastal Environment Centre - This is a Pittwater Council facility providing environmental information, education and recreation for a broad audience
- Weeds - find out about Noxious weeds and weed control
- Native Plants - An interactive map of Pittwater providing information & pictures about your environment and recomendations for which native plants to use on your property
- Trees Information - Tree removal & pruning information
- Feral animals - What is a feral animal and their impacts on the environment
- Ticks - How to remove a tick, tick diseases, reduce the risk of bites