Pittwater Sustainability Principles & Checklist
The “Pittwater Sustainability Principles & Checklist (Part A & B) – Single Dwellings, Alterations & Additions and New Homes” outlines sustainable options & principles for residential design and is intended to be a guide for home owners in regards to building and developing dwellings in a more sustainable manner.
This is an aspirational document that presents simple measures to promote a move towards sustainability. This document contains two sections for ease of use; Part A- the Principles which explain some sustainability issues in detail and Part B- the Checklist which allows the owner to assess the merit of the dwelling’s level of sustainability against the principles discussed in this document and determine ways to improve the overall sustainability score.
This is a living document to be updated as new building techniques and methods to improve sustainability emerge. It is not intended as a replacement to Pittwater 21 Development Control Plan or to supersede this document.
How to use the document - Interactive (no need to print)
The Pittwater Sustainability Checklist is designed so that it is not necessary to print the document. This .pdf document is “INTERACTIVE” which means:
- That you can tick the boxes in the checklist electronically;
- The tables will add up your score automatically,
- You can then clear the ticks if you wish using the “clear all ticks” button at the end of the document and start again or
- The ability to save a local copy of the document with your scores to your own computer at home for use later on.
Pittwater residents, architects, builders and those who are considering building in the Pittwater LGA are encouraged to complete the checklist, by ticking only those boxes where they can answer “yes” to the questions posed. The ticks achieved indicate the level of sustainability of the dwelling. The checklist reflects directly, the Principles in Part A. The final scores contained in the table in “Part B- Part 7-Final Scores” of the Pittwater Sustainability Principles & Checklist document indicate how sustainable your house is.
- Pittwater Sustainability Principles & Checklist (Part A & B)- for single dwellings, alterations & additions and new dwellings
Should you wish to make an enquiry regarding this document please contact Karen Chapman on 9970 1161.