Search a database
Mona Vale Library has access to several electronic databases with comprehensive information available for homework, assignments, or research purposes. These databases are available for use within the library, and some are also accessible from other internet access areas. Use of these resources is free.
If you would like to search databases of books to read for pleasure but you are unsure of what you might like please go to the Book News & Reviews page. There are several resources to help you.
Library Members Only Access:
Type your library card number in the space provided to enter the following databases.
- Modern World History Online - Explores Modern History from 1450 to the present.
- Ancient & Medieval History Online - Explores Ancient & Medieval History around the world.
- Science Online - Explores scientific topics from Biology to Weather & Climate.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online - Access to information at junior, student and adult levels.
- World Book Encyclopedia Online - Access to information and research tools for all levels.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre-- a comprehensive full text reference database combining Australasian and international content from magazines, newspapers, newswires, reference books, biographies, company profiles and images.
- Consumer Health Complete - Health and wellness informationfrom mainstream medicine, holistic and integrated medicine.
- Literary Reference Centre - Information about authors and their works. Includes plot summaries, critical essays, reviews and more.
- Science Reference Centre - Search various scientific fields by accessing numerous publication types such as Journals, Newspapers and more.
- Academic Search Elite - Search in full text or Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
- NoveList Plus - Looking for a good book? Or an author who writes like someone else? Try looking on NoveList Plus.
- Australia/New Zealand Points of View Reference Centre - Assists the reader in understanding the full scope of controversial subjects.
- EbscoHost Integrated Search - Search multiple databases at once.
- Science Reference Center - Browse by category or popular sources.
At the Library Only Access:
- Ancestry - Research your family tree.
- Factiva - news and business information.
- Standards Australia - A comprehensive online collection of International and Australian standards, many with full text coverage.
Other Useful Databases:
Australian Bureau of Statistics - Access to the latest Australian figures for economic indicators, employment, demographics and Census information.
Other Useful Sites:
Bubl Link - a catalogue of internet resources. A good site for research with resources classified using the Dewey Decimal system as well as alpabetical listing.
The Cancer Directory - contains over 1800 printed, audio visual and electronic publications from over 80 trusted Australian cancer care organisations, and over 700 publications are translated into many of the 47 community languages.