Palm Beach is 2.3 km long, curving in an arc between Barrenjoey head - the southern head of Broken Bay, to the sandstone rocks of Little Head in the south.The beach receives a range of wave height ranging from an average of less than 0.5m at the southern end to 1.5m to the north. These conditions produce a single sand bar which is always cut by rips along the northern half of the beach.
- Toilet & shower facilities for male & female with disabled access in both male and female amenities located at the Pavillion and rockpool, outside showers at rockpool.
- Rock pool
- Picnic area
- Good swimming and body surfing conditions
- Strong shore break at times
- Excellent surfing conditions at the north end
- Good surfing breaks along the beach. Best in North Easterly winds