Free E-Waste Recycling at Kimbriki
Computers and televisions are accepted at Kimbriki for recycling under the following conditions:
- Any householder or small business operator, in a car, ute or trailer, may deliver up to 15 items free to Kimbriki.
- Items must be placed in the designated 'Television and computer recycling' area.
- Customers must unload their own waste.
The items that are accepted at Kimbriki for recycling are limited to:
- Computer monitors
- Personal and portable computers
- Printers, scanners, computer peripherals and parts, cords and cables
- Toner cartridges
- DVD players
- Video recorders
- Radios and games consoles
- Mobile phones
- Power tools
E-Waste Recycling – Commercial Loads
Commercial loads over 15 items are not accepted.
Please contact MRI -
1300 4 EWASTE (1300 4 39278) for delivery to 73 Victoria Street Smithfield, where charges will apply - see http://www.mri.com.au/recycling-fees.shtml
Electronic waste (e-waste) will not be collected in General Household Clean Ups.
E-waste contains many finite resources such as gold, copper and silver which may be re-used or recycled. However, e-waste also contains components which may be harmful to our environment such as lead and mercury.
For these reasons e-waste items will no longer be collected in the general household clean ups throughout the Pittwater, Warringah, Manly and Mosman Council areas.
Updated: 21 November 2012