General Clean Up Collection
Introducing Council’s New Booking Service for General & Metal Clean Up Collections for Mainland Residents
From January 2014, residents can book a general clean up collection with Council as the need arises.
This service replaces the previous twice-yearly scheduled service.
Bookings can be made from mid December 2013 by phoning 9970 1233 and must be made before any material is placed out for collection.
- Residents can book two collections per calendar year
- Your collection day will be on the same day as your waste service
- Must be booked a minimum of two business days prior
- Max three (3) cubic metres in total per collection
- Only place pre-booked material on the kerbside the night before collection to avoid illegal dumping
- Please place metals in a separate pile. Remove any doors from fridges and furniture. All large items (e.g. trampolines, clothes hoists, outdoor heaters) must be disassembled and in parts that can be readily loaded by one person.
Bookings can be made from mid December 2013 by phoning 9970 1233
Help Council recover and recycle as much as possible. When you book your service tell us if you have any of these items to be collected: whitegoods, metals and mattresses.
Residents are reminded that computers and TVs will not be collected. Up to 15 unwanted computer and TV items can be taken to Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre free of charge.
For further information on computer and TV recycling please click here.
- A maximum of 3 cubic meters (approx. a small trailer load)
- Separate metals from the other general clean up material
- Appliances such as hot water heaters, refrigerators, stoves, etc - doors must be removed
- Furniture - doors must be removed
- General household items
- Paint tins - empty and lids removed
- Vegetation (keep for vegetation collection)
- Food scraps and wrappings
- Bricks or other building materials
- Tyres or other car parts
- Recyclable materials such as paper, glass, PET plastic
- Paint and oil (take to Belrose Waste Management Centre)
- Computers and TVs (take to Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre)
Updated: 20 Nov 2013