This section contains information and application details for certificates that you may need to obtain from Council.
This information is provided as a guide only. You should always seek legal advice or consult your agent regarding your exact requirements.
- A secure credit card payment facility - American Express, Mastercard or Visa cards only. (Fee includes 1% credit card service fee)
- Receive your certificate via email. (Section 149 within minutes - Other certificates generally the same day.)
- Acrobat Reader is required to read the certificate.
- Anyone can apply for a certificate. There are two methods of applying:
- Registered User - A Registered User has been provided with a User Name and Password by Council. This results in a faster request process and allows the user to monitor all their certificate applications. This option ideally suits any person or organisation that repeatedly applies for certificates.
- Guest User - This option is suited for the "one-off" user.
- Section 149 Pt 2 Planning Certificate - $53.53
- Section 149 Pt 2 & 5 Planning Certificate - $134.33
- Section 603 Rates Certificate - $75.75
- Outstanding Notices Certificate - $156.55
Zoning Certificate or Section 149 Planning Certificate
Part 2 Certificate - $53
Part 2 & 5 Certificate - $133
These Certificates provide information on how a property (such as land, a house, a commercial building, etc.) may be used and the restrictions on its development. The detail which must be contained in the Certificate is specified by Section 149 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
A Section 149 is required as part of a contract of sale, you should seek advice from your solicitor whether you need part 2 of the Certificate only or the full certificate Part 2 and 5.
A section 149 Part 2 certificate also contains advice regarding complying development.
Rates Certificate or 603 Certificate
Fee - $75 per certificate
Under Section 603 of the Local Government Act 1993 a person may apply to the council for a 603 certificate as to the amount (if any) due or payable to the council, by way of rates, charges or otherwise, in respect of a parcel of land.
Outstanding Notices/Orders Certificate
Fee - $160
An Outstanding notice certificate checks and advises whether there are any outstanding notices or orders applying to the property which have been issued under any one or more of the following acts:
- Section 121ZP of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
- Section 735A of the Local Government Act
- Food Act 2003
- Noxious Weeds Act 1993
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Public Health Act 1991
- Rural Fires Act 1997
- Swimming Pools Act 1992
Fee - $10 or $35 with inspection
This is a certificate issued under Section 88G of the Conveyancing Act 1919 in which advice is given by Council as to whether any amount is payable to Council because of a failure to comply with a positive covenant imposed on the title of a property in which Council is named as the authority benefitted by that positive covenant. Also advice is furnished as to whether any works have been carried out by Council under terms of such a positive covenant, the cost of which may be recovered by Council from the proprietor of the property.
Building Certificate or Section 149A
See Application Form for Fees & Requirements
These were previously dealt with under Section 172 of the Local Government Act 1993. Those provisions were transferred to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act. Your application must be accompanied by certain reports - please see page 3 of application form for more details.
Updated: 31 Jan 2017