General Clean Up Collection
Booking Service for General & Metal Clean Up Collections for Mainland Residents
Residents can book up to two general clean up collections a year. The collection will be on your regular waste collection day, in a week that suits you.
- Phone 9970 1233.
- Book online.
Please provide at least 2 days' notice for collection. Note that during busy periods, such as summer holiday periods, there may be longer waiting periods.
- Three (3) cubic metres is the maximum amount allowed per individual collection
- Place your items on the kerb no earlier than the evening before collection
- Please place metals in a separate pile. Remove any doors from fridges and furniture. Pull apart all large items, such as trampolines, clothes hoists and outdoor heaters so they can be loaded by one person.
- Make your booking before putting any items on the kerb to avoid illegal dumping charges.
Items accepted for general clean up
- Furniture - with doors removed
- General household items
- Paint tins - empty and lids removed
- Appliances such as hot water heaters, refrigerators, stoves, with doors removed.
items we cannot accept for general clean up:
- Vegetation - please put in your green bin
- Food scraps and wrappings - go in your red or general rubbish bin
- Bricks or other building materials
- Tyres or other car parts
- Recyclable materials such as paper, glass, PET plastic
- Paint and oil (take to Belrose Waste Management Centre)
- Computers and TVs cannot be collected, however you can take up to 15 unwanted computer and TV items to Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre for free - further information on computer and TV recycling.
Updated: 19 August 2016