Whale Beach is 600m long, surrounded by two 40m high sandstone headlands and backed by slopes rising to 100m.The beach faces east and receives waves averaging 1.6m resulting in a single attached bar with a rip at each headland, and often one or two other rips along the beach.
- Toilet & shower facilities for male & female with disabled access to both male and female amenities and outdoor shower
- Located at the southern end of the beach near rockpool
- Picnic area
- Playground equipment
- Good swimming and body surfing conditions
- Strong shore break at times
- Excellent surfing conditions at the north end
- Good surfing breaks along the beach. Best in North Easterly winds.