Have Your Say
Council is keen to engage with the community to inform them and consult with them on issues that may affect them.
Council is committed to undertaking transparent and genuine consultation so that it is in a better position to:
- Meet the needs of the community.
- Tap into local knowledge and expertise.
- Have a more informed community.
- Encourage and enable community participation in the decision making process.
Council's approach to community engagement is based on the following social justice principles:
- Equity – The broadest cross-section of residents will have opportunities to be involved in consultation activities and every effort will be made to implement processes that are fair and equitable.
- Access – Strategies will be put in place to ensure that individuals are not excluded from the consultation process.
- Participation – A range of methodologies will be implemented to encourage participation. These will include face to face meetings, written publications, on-line and social media technology as well as committee and reference group formats.
- Rights – Council respects the right of residents to have their voices heard and be informed about the decision making process.
If you have any comments or questions relating to community engagement issues please email Council's Community Engagement Officer Jane Mulroney or call 9970 1108.
Updated: 03 Apr 2013